Social Security & SSI Overpayments

If a Social Security or SSI recipient receives a notice saying he or she has been overpaid and therefore owes money to the Social Security Administration (SSA), there are ways to respond. This workshop explains overpayments from the Social Security Administration, both Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSD).

  • Learn the difference between SSI and SSD overpayments
  • Learn the options for responding to overpayment notices

To arrange for a workshop:

Parents, Family Members and Individuals with Disabilities: Contact our Resource Specialist at 585-546-1700.

Organizations, Schools, and Employers: Contact our Public Education Coordinator at 585-546-1700, Ext. 267.